GAINING MOMENTUM IN PHYSICAL HEALTH
The world’s greatest dessert. Describe.
Read 2 Timothy 2:20-21
- In what ways have you personally noticed a connection between physical health and your spiritual health?
- Is it possible to ignore our bodies and at the same time cultivate our lives in Christ? Why or why not?
On Sunday we identified two lies related to our health that we can easily be led to believe:
Our bodies are everything
Our bodies are nothing
If you think about these two extremes, which one do you usually find yourself falling into?
- More on the side of overemphasizing physical health?
- Or tending to downplay the importance of health?
- What most contributes to your feeling this way? (think about the way you were raised, your life experiences, and other related factors)
Read 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Gary Thomas writes, “…There are different body types, and we are called to steward only the body that God has given us, not to judge others. God alone knows whether we are honoring him with our daily choices. Seeking to maintain a particular body shape merely to please others — even other Christians —is still people pleasing. Our focus should rather be on becoming a community of worshipers who live to please God.”
- What is one daily choice related to health you feel could be improved?
- Do you believe your life in Christ would be affected if you gained traction in a particular aspect of your health right now? How so? (if you lost weight, ate better, slept better, or more consistently exercised?)
Read 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
- What is one way you plan to make 2016 different with regard to your health?
- How will you be accountable to make this change?